
I've been working in the garden the last few days and have lots of opportunities to watch and listen to the birds. There are three sets of wrens in houses around the garden - the constant sound of a wren song is all I hear all day. The bright goldfinches are one of my favorites - bright little spots of color to brighten my day.

I had just taken an old orange off the fruit feeder because it was covered in flies when an oriole came by. It was so windy he was using it as a swing :)

The tree swallows have nested in one of the garden bird boxes so I look forward to watching for babies soon.

PS - last week's kingfisher didn't stick around so my goldfish are still thriving :)
8 comments:
Hi Marsha! Summer time keeps me so busy I have a hard time commenting, but I always give you a peek or two. Aren't the Wren's noisy little buggers? Only thing is when they are gone the yard is soooo quiet. I have 4 pairs nesting around the yard. Talk about loud.. haha
Great pictures, Marsha. I would rather listen to the wrens than the shrill squawk of the grackles!
Have a great weekend.
Great pictures, Marsha! You get such gorgeous shots of all the pretties!
I have so few birds around this year,so I really enjoy seeing the ones that visit your yard.The Oriole is cute sitting on his 'swing'
Blessings,Ruth
I think the Goldies are my favorite to look at too. Glad to hear the kingfisher went on his way!
Love the pictures of the birds. I'm glad we can still hear the bird songs. Just heard on the radio that a wetland on the Louisiana coast is deadly silent when it was usually alive with the sound of wildlife. It's all dead. So, here's to life where we find it! And where did you get that beautiful sunflower feeder? It's striking!
Love the pictures of the birds. I'm glad we can still hear the bird songs. Just heard on the radio that a wetland on the Louisiana coast is deadly silent when it was usually alive with the sound of wildlife. It's all dead. So, here's to life where we find it! And where did you get that beautiful sunflower feeder? It's striking!
Just starting to get my goldies! All the photos are great - you have a knack of catching them perfectly!
Post a Comment