Tuesday, June 15, 2010

meet and greet...

The weatherman on last night's newscast said we have had rain 12 of the first 14 days of June and it rained again this morning. It's too wet to be weeding the garden so I thought I would take this afternoon's break from showers to introduce you to some of my favorite garden friends.

Nelly - "Nelly Moser" paired with HFJack - "Jackmanii"
Betty - "Betty Corning"
HF - "H F Young" paired with Nelly
Rebecca - "Rebecca Epivo016"
VL - "Ville de Lyon" paired with VV
Doc - "Doctor Ruppel"
Roo - "Rooguchi"
Huldine - "Huldine" paired with another Jack
Prez - "The President" paired with EM not yet blooming
Kilian - "Kilian Donahue"
VV - "Venosa Violacea" paired with VL
Niobe - "Niobe" paired with another Huldine
There are lots of buds on my climbers not yet blooming - I'll be sure to introduce you when they are ready :)

16 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Gorgeous clematis!! I could never pick a favorite! And you are marvelous with the names.

xoxo
Janie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Great Clematis!
I am going to post some pics of mine, but I don't have your variety!
Love these pics!
Go away rain!
We're in the same boat!
Cindy

Brenda said...

I love clematis! I only have one at this time. Thinking my next will be blue because I have a red one now.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks for introducing me to these beauties.Each one is lovely.
Blessings,Ruth

Bonnie said...

Wow, I love all of these friends of yours! The sun in finally out. yeah!

Wanda said...

What lovelies... I think climbing vines and flowers are some of the most elegant we have in our flowers.

Your collection is outstanding. Love them all.

Foley said...

I didn't realize you had so many clematis!! You only have about 75 more to go to catch up with Susan !! LOL

Wish mine looked as good as yours..I think I am being too impatient! Go figure..ME!!

Marigene said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Marsha! I wish mine were lush, they are quite puny but each year it seems like they have a few more blossoms.

Simple Home said...

Congratulations on 4 years of blogging. I've only been blogging since last fall, but I'm always inspired by your beautiful photography!
Blessings,
Marcia

Darla said...

Glad to meet each and everyone here. Can't wait for the others to arrive. I have only been able to buy purple or white Clematis...the tags NEVER match. Maybe I should order some...yours are beautiful.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, your vines are looking great! I am thrilled that you girls got me interested in clematis. I keep adding a few each year!

Rebecca said...

These are amazing! Where in the "world" do you put them all??? (I'll have to scroll through your blog to see if I can answer my own questions.) The two mature ones and 1 "younger" one we have did/are doing quite well - but you have SO many! Such a wonderful variety!

Jayme said...

I will have to get a white clematis to put with my purple one. I like the mixture. Fun that they all have names :-)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Your Huldines are so much more healthy-looking than mine. What a lovely collection of clematis you have, Marsha! I need some more tuteurs!

Carol said...

They're all gorgeous!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stunning! I love the red one..Rebecca. You must have just the right conditions to grow clematis..!! :)