This little girl stakes out the honeysuckle vine as her territory and chases any other interested hummers away. It is so fun to watch, maybe some day I'll manage some in flight photos :)
Marsha, those are the best pictures of that little hummer...I love watching them, too. For such a tiny bird they sure can get downright nasty when it comes to protecting their territories.
Neat pics. I can get them to sit still long enough to take a picture. btw I really like the yellow Irises and that pond and waterfalls is just spectacular. Wow!
10 comments:
What wonderful photos! Have a great weekend.
Marsha, those are the best pictures of that little hummer...I love watching them, too. For such a tiny bird they sure can get downright nasty when it comes to protecting their territories.
So birds stake out territory too. How cute...This is MY honeysuckle Vine!!!
Great photos. Even though I love a good bird fight, I put up a second humming bird feeder, I just felt sorry for the other little guy.
These are excellent pictures.
Blessings,Ruth
I love these pictures, Marsha!
Wonderful little hummer! It looks like your Honeysuckle Trumpet Vine is doing really good..part of mine winter killed..I didn't think it ever died:(
This is nourishment for the soul! Great hummer pictures Marsha!
Neat pics. I can get them to sit still long enough to take a picture. btw I really like the yellow Irises and that pond and waterfalls is just spectacular. Wow!
I think getting a shot of the hummer resting is more impressive than flying! Great shots!
Post a Comment