Saturday, April 10, 2010

warm colors...

The warm colors of red, orange and yellow are popping open in my early blooming tulips.
Looking back at last year's photos they are blooming at least 2 weeks ahead of schedule this year.
This early spring has me anxious to get all those seeds I ordered into the ground...
but I know with our zone's last frost date of May 12th I am still too early.
Instead, I'll start work on eliminating the hundred's of dandelions that seemed to find a way into my gardens this year. There was no way to graciously crop them out of this photo like I did the others :)
Still...all these warm colors...
the colors of fire and heat...appearing in the garden early...doesn't that mean I can move that frost date up 2 weeks and get out there and plant? Wishful thinking does a gardener good :)

5 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks for the day brighteners.
Blessings,Ruth

Carol said...

So pretty!

recklessbliss said...

So pretty and sunny! I would love for you to stop by my blog if you get the chance. God bless!

Cynthia said...

I hope that the warmth of these colors is a predictor for your upcoming weather so you CAN get out there and plant.

A Grain of Salt said...

Oh, I must plant some very early blooming things. Pretty, pretty!