Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Don't fence me in...

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above,
Don't fence me in.
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love,
Don't fence me in.
Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze,
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees,
Send me off forever but I ask you please,
Don't fence me in.
Don't Fence Me In is a 1934 cowboy song with music by Cole Porter and lyrics by Robert Fletcher and Cole Porter. The most famous versions were sung by Roy Rogers and Bing Crosby.
It's too windy to do anything outside today so you are stuck with some more Texas hill country shots :)

14 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I like the way you put this together.Some of these fences are quite spectacular.
Blessings,Ruth

Marigene said...

Great photos...some of those fences are pretty elaborate!

Simple Home said...

I enjoyed all of your fences and the countryside behind them. Roy Rogers and Dale Evans lived in this area for years and I recently saw that their house was up for sale. The RR is still on the gate. It was pretty expensive though.
Blessings,
Marcia

Darla said...

Some of these fences are just wonderful, thanks for sharing them. Hope your weather clears soon.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Beautiful photos, and how great they go with the words to the song. laurie

From the Old InkWell said...

So interesting! Love the split rail!

jalynn01 said...

I really enjoyed seeing all your many 'fences' some quite spectacular! What an unusual but interesting post! Thanks..

Jim said...

Wonderful fences.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Auntie Cake said...

Those are very beautiful fences! I would adore having many of them at our house!

Enjoy the day, hopefully it's not so windy today!
Kate

Foley said...

I can just hear you belting out that song..funny how when you read it you automatically start singing!! OK, I know..I'm wierd!
Some nice fences...

Cynthia said...

What a wonderful post, Marsha ... You have a great eye and really captured some beautiful fences. I've sung that song often and still remember all the words. Not sure why I know it, I think that it was a favorite of my dad's.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I have a fondness for fences Marsha, and quite honestly have never thought to photograph them. What a wonderful post. I am also trying to catch up on your Texas trip this evening :-)

A Grain of Salt said...

Oh, Marsha, what a great post. You are so clever with the fences... love this post!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Great post, Marsha! I loved seeing all of those fences.