Today's steeple post is once again a "two steeple" Sunday but not in the usual way of one church built with two steeples. Today I show you St Mary's Catholic Church in Fredericksburg, Texas - one congregation with two churches and two steeples...the old and the new or maybe I should say the old and the oldest! The 1863 steeple... and the 1906 one.
I love that they kept the old church standing and in such good shape. I love them both. You find such good steeples :-) There are some neat ones in Tacoma I need to take pics of.
8 comments:
They are both beautiful steeples but I really like the old one best because it's so unique. It reminds me of one of the pontiff's hats.
I prefer the older steeple as well for its strength and simplicity. What an interesting contrast.
Beautiful old steeples...one traditional looking and the other with Spanish influences.
I like the older one also - both are so beautiful..seems like I can always pick out the Catholic Churches.
I love that they kept the old church standing and in such good shape. I love them both. You find such good steeples :-) There are some neat ones in Tacoma I need to take pics of.
I was thinking how amazing you do this every Sunday. There are ambulance chasers...But my dear friend Marsha....is a Steeple Chaser!!
Thanks I love them all!
LOL, that Marsha is a steeple-chaser :) Good one!
I love the newer one but the older one much more! So interesting, I just love that one!
Both, beautiful structures!
Post a Comment