Thursday, April 01, 2010

refreshing....

There's nothing like a cool bath after a long flight up north!

After 3 days of hard work the pond is up and running for the year, I think the earliest date yet! The goldfish are swimming from one side of the pond to the other - so glad to be out of their little winter tank and it didn't take the robins long to find the fresh water bath. I also spotted my first little crocus bloom while raking a winter's worth of leaves and debris out of the garden - rain is in the forecast for tomorrow so I'll have more time to show you more beauty from Texas.

12 comments:

Foley said...

I just love your photos!! You're going to have to give me a lesson.

I bet the birds will be zoning into that pond very quickly...now just don't fall into it!! :)

Wildflowerhouse said...

Fantastic photo. I love when the birds all come back.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

It is so exciting to start up the pond and get the gardens ready for the months ahead.Our pond will wait jut a little longer,in case it gets cold.
Blessings,Ruth

Mollie said...

My favorite bird--the robin. They just make my heart sing. And here in San Diego I don't see them--but I grew up with them in Illinois and Wisconsin. so, thanks for the great picture, Marsha!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I have so many robins in my yard right now, I love it~
Your pics are always the best! This weather had been fabulous!
Cindy

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

It reached at least 83 degrees here today, it must have been a record!

I'm glad your pond is open and spring is really here - if not puffed up beyond belief ;)

From the Old InkWell said...

Hi Marsha, so glad you're starting to thaw out! We have been in the 80s today! WhooHoo!

Love your photo. A robin took a bath in my fountain today. I almost grabbed the camera, but was short on time.

Marigene said...

Marsha, that is a great photo of the robin...even that little tiny bit of water under his beak shows up perfectly!

Wanda said...

What an amazing picture.... Love it.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I could hear the robins at 3:30 this morning! Beautiful photo of the robin, and glad the first signs of spring are finally here.

Jayne said...

Just catching up Marsha. Your Texas flowers are beautiful! Hope you have a blessed Easter! :c)

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, I'm looking forward to your garden... bet you are too.