Do you see what I see?

The first thing I saw looking outside was sunshine and blue skies! Though it was -17F out this am I am not complaining because after a week of gray clouds...SUNSHINE is a reason to SMILE...but then I noticed something else...

have you spotted them yet?

A cute little pair of white breasted nuthatches...

and the male on top is getting ready to move...

to the feeders!

He is so handsome in the sunshine and poses so I can see his front profile and top profile...

his side profile and...

and is underside profile! The lighting was great so I am sure he was showing off a little but I appreciated seeing the white underside of his beak :)

Head over to our wonderful hostess, Susan, A Southern Daydreamer, to visit the many other bloggers participating in the 57th Outdoor Wednesday
HERE.
16 comments:
I love the blue sky, too. Just makes you feel better to see the blue skys. Gorgeous bird photos.
Beautiful blue skies..I'll stop complaining about the 40's today...20's tonight, brrr...we were watching the blue nuthatches yesterday, my husband was going to refill the feeders and one landed on it just about 5 feet away from him!!
Love the blue skies and your cute Nuthatches.
Love the blue skies and your cute Nuthatches.
I LOVE the upside down photo! Reminds me of an opossum.
I agree,that Nuthatch couldn't wait to pose for you.Great shots.
Blessings,Ruth
You take the best pics Marsha! We got sun today too, I am sure I am vitamin D deficient. And, finally, birds came to my feeder today! I was so excited! Now, if I could only take pics like you. Hugs, Cindy
WOW!!! Those are some great photos... Love the little birdies...
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such a nice comment.
Marsha, I had a hard time finding them ... :)
I love the upside down nuthatch. How fun!
Ok, admit it! These are trained birds that you have taught how to pose for you!!!
Terrific photos...I never tire of them!
Awesome photos, you could reach out and pick the little guys up. I love the upside down one.
Marsha,
You so amaze me! Your knowledge of birds is awesome, if I only knew a 10th of what you know... I love feeding my birdies, but I can never tell them apart, even when I have my trusty book out. I love to look at your pictures, they are much better than the ones in my bird books.
Do you have a purple martin house? Or any luck with purple martins? I have a house, but am way too intimidated to put it up. (Plus, I can't afford the $350 pole to put it on.) It's the most lovely house though, someday I will get it mounted and play the Dawn Song, and my little home will be filled with friends...
Kate
I've never seen one so puffed out like that Marsha! Too cute!! Glad he decided to come visit a bit closer.
How cute! Anita
Nuthatches are a fav of mine and yours are extra cute. I love the little sounds they make. Its like they are talking at a very high frequency.
I love nuthatches! Great shots Marsha.
Post a Comment