It is always such a joy to spot eagles close to home which until the last couple of years was a very rare site. Yesterday, we were able to spot the one above taking off at a nearby lake and Jeff took the photos below last week as one sat on the railroad tracks right alongside the highway near our hometown. He has since seen it twice flying over the highway - we assume looking for roadkill.
Not great shots in either mosaic but still wonderful memories!
12 comments:
They are such magnificent birds. We have many as we have a river below us and they are always fishing. Great shots! Hope it stops snowing for you pretty soon!!!
Great mosaics, Marsha ... any picture of an eagle is a good picture to me. :)
Love Jeff's pictures. I didn't realize that eagles were such scavengers until we saw several last November devouring the snow geese.
Such gorgeous creatures! I agree with Cynthia..any eagle photo is wonderful!
I remember your trip last year about this time to eastern MN and seeing all the eagles!!
Awesome birds! What a sight to see! Breathtaking! I love your shots, Marsha!
These are great Marsha!! Wish I could see one around here.
I have yet to see one that close up. What fun!!!
Oh, how I'd LOVE to see one... lucky you!
What a treat to see an Eagle so close!
Incredible!
Being a fan of Auburn Univ...where the eagle (both a bald and a golden) flies around the field for all home games as the fans chant "War Eagle"...eagles are among my favorite raptors. How fortunate you are to see these beauties in your yard...
Jane (artfully graced)
Marsha I love your new table and the makeover with the chairs. I know it will look stunning in your garden, which I can't wait to see this spring and summer. I love the Munsinger gardens too, and always try and make the trip at least once a summer.
I am so thankful for the bright sun we have had these last few days. It doesn't seem as cold as it is with such a bright day! Good luck with your seeds, I hope they are all prolific bloomers!!!
Kate
Great shots Marsha! They sure are beautiful. I love seeing them too.
any picture of an eagle is a good picture to me.
rihanna video
Post a Comment