I cannot believe how fast 2009 seemed to fly by for me. I guess it is true the older one gets the faster time seems to pass. For my annual year in review I am showing the header collages from each month with a link back to some of my personal favorite posts.
January 22nd - hoar frost. Each year I look forward to the hoar frost days and the opportunity to try and capture the magic of the tiny little leaf shaped crystals.
February 22nd - Joseph and Johnny, the ring neck pheasants. Last winter our days were filled with watching the resident pheasants feed in the backyard. However, so far this season we have not seen any...Jeff feels it is because we were surrounded by soybean and not corn fields this past farming season. I keep the corn buffet going and hopefully they will come back this year and join the bluejays, sparrows and squirrels feeding there.
March 19th - moving day for the little red barn. March is a boring month in MN! We are sick of the long winter and anxiously awaiting spring. This past March, a highlight were the days Jeff & I spent in the shop building my latest little garden shed. I am already dreaming up winter projects for us in the shop this year but they will not be to this scale :)
April 8th - the wide open spaces of Texas Hill Country. We were blessed to take an early spring camping and cycling trip to Texas and Hill Country was the perfect spot.
May 5th - brought the beginning of the tulips and the start of the gardening season, so of course I picked this post. May's posts reflect the busy and joy filled days of gardening, watching the migrating birds, dance and piano recitals - so I laughed when I saw my "to do" list included staining the cabin...didn't happen but a must do in 2010! Reviewing May's posts the most sentimental to me was the
memorial post to Gabi, our beloved pet...a somber post to pick as a highlight but I couldn't resist at least giving you an opportunity to go back and see this beautiful dog :)
June 29th - our highlight of the month was definitely Nathan & Tammy's wedding recap post, what a wonderful event it was! A garden highlight was the start of
Pine Hollow - it really grew over the summer and I have acquired more additions this winter so I am looking forward to putting it all together once again in the spring.
July 4th - I finally mastered fireworks photos!
August 12 - Cycling Colorado and the thrill of riding to the top of Pike's Peak were personal joys for me. The garden was probably at it's best on August 1st so I couldn't let this year in review post go without the "tour"...
part one...
part two...
part three.
September 30th - I had a little fun setting up a bird photo shoot with a faux pumpkin birdhouse.
October 5th - the beautiful autumn colors in the woods of northern MN just said "October" the best to me :)
November 6th - I watched as a goldfinch took a late season bath.
December 14th - I posted about a family weekend of fun. Viewing Christmas lights, taking in a concert and baking together was a fantastic way to start the Christmas season!
Can't wait to see what 2010 brings to my garden of life and look forward to sharing some of the joys with you here.
16 comments:
Marsha~~~
I just love this. Since I haven't been following you long, it was a wonderful way to see your garden and learn a bit of what you were up to over the year. I LOVE your garden shed. Can't wait to see the inside. I just had a small structure built up at the lake, but it is totally for relaxation...wicker furniture and a little table for puzzles and cards, a little television...all screened in. Heaven!! And your garden is beautiful. I hope you can give me some tips with my English garden this summer!!
Great post. Your pictures are wonderful! :-)
xoxo
Janie
Marsha, what a great job you did here, I bet it took a while. These are all beautiful...I just love, love August at your place!!
I love your creative headers and what a treat to see them all again!
Happy New Year, Marsha!
You had some reall nice headers. I missed a lot of them. I love your creativity. Happy New Year!
These are simply stunning and gorgeous. I love all of them!
Marsha,
Your monthly collage headers are always a work of art. It was fun revisiting them and reading your thoughts of review!! Neat idea!
Marsha, your headers are always so creative and fun! Glad to see them in one post! You do a g=fabulous job with them!
Happy New Year to you and your family! All good things in 2010 :)
I hope 2010 brings with it a load of good times and love.
Blessings,Ruth
Very creative with the blog headings! I can't believe how much bigger Hershey is compared to the January & February blog headers. It was sweet to go back and look at Gabi Jo's post. She was the best dog!
Always a delight to see your blog headers Marsha! Looking forward to your continued creativity in 2010. Happy New Year to you and your family.
What a fantastic review - your headers are always so great and creative!!
Looking forward to 2010 and seeing you again....
Marsha these are lovely! You have a gorgeous water feature! Very creative...
Marsha, that was FUN! ... I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your 2009 headers all in one spot and the highlights of your posts. I remembered your heartfelt Gabi post and find it hard to believe that it was that long ago.
What a lovely retrospective look at 2009. ( I LOVE the August header.)
Hi Marsha!
I just got done putting together some photos for a "Year in Review" and thought I was so original in doing so!
Got your holiday card--the family all looked great at Nathan's wedding.
All of your headers are wonderful! I like to change mine seasonally as well. I like to see what you will do each month. Its fun to play around with and change it up
Always love your headers, Marsha. You are on e creative lady!
Post a Comment