It is only 1 degree F outside this morning but I bundled up and filled the feeders. I use a different feeder for the peanuts each day just to see how long it takes the jays to find them and by the time I was back inside and got my boots off, the bluejays already had the snow flying as they swooped in for their daily treat.
5 months ago
17 comments:
It looks like the blue jay in the last photo is nose diving into the food.
What great winter photos!!!!!
The light at the sleigh is perfect.Blue Jays love peanuts and will go to great lengths to get them.
Blessings,Ruth
Oh my goodness, Marsha! I have never seen a blue jay so close up!! What beautiful birds they are! So it is peanuts that they like?? I love both bird feeders but the sleigh is just so cute!!
Happy holidays! :-)
xoxo
Jane
Blue Jays are so lovely. It is so sweet of you to remember to feed them. Happy Holidays.
Joyce, IL, USA
Great photos. Great shot of the birds in flight. Your sleigh feeder is so adorable.
EXCELLENT pics ... didn't know they went for peanuts so to the store I'm going ... I love watching my bird feeders & the pecking order of fun that goes on.
Merry Christmas ~
TTFN ~ Marydon
**NEW BLOG**
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com
Any of those sleigh photos would make a pretty Christmas Card.
This reminds me that I need to fill my feeder before dark.
Mama Bear
It's cold here too! The birds are feeding like crazy but I haven't seen a Bluejay for over a week.
Yours look happy and well fed! Great shots!
Awesome shots of the bluejays. I really like the sleigh, it is a pretty background for the birdseed.
I love all your bluejay shots!
Carolyn
I just love your sleigh feeder - you did such a great job on it! Who would have thought that used to be white and covered in lights!!
The jays aren't going to be fooled for too long..the photos are fantastic!!
These photos are wonderful. I noticed that these bluejays look pretty well fed. I think they know that your a pretty nice lady.
Blessings,
Marcia
The sun is hitting that beautiful setting just perfectly Marsha! The Jays are beautiful!
Marsha, it's always delightful to see your bird pictures, and the bluejays are definitely one of my favorite types of birds even though they can be ornery.
This time of year when I walk out to get the morning paper, the blue jays are up in trees on one side of the driveway and the cardinals on the other side. It's amazing how much noise little birds can make. I can't decide if they are griping at me or each other.
Now we know who coined "Christmas is for the birds". Why, it's the bluejays -- they even eat out of ornaments. Nice catch with the camera.
Awesome shots, Marsha.
Post a Comment