Monday, December 14, 2009

Mosaic Monday...family fun!

I had a wonderful weekend traveling up north with Nathan and Tammy, to spend some family holiday FUN time with Jayme and Scott. We took so many photos that mosaics are a perfect way to share them so even though I am a late entry I am joining Mary at the Little Red House for Mosaic Monday. Please click HERE to see Mary's Merry Christmas mosaic and the 90 others participating.

We have been going to the Bentleyville Tour of Lights for many years at it's original location in the country but this year it was moved to Duluth's Bayfront Park. With more space it has expanded even more in size and is a wonderful place to view beautiful scenes of lights, enjoy visits with Santa, Frosty and some famous reindeer while strolling paths of wonder. There are marshmallows for roasting and cocoa and cider for warmth and cookies and popcorn to eat if you can stand taking your mittens off long enough to eat one :)
We also toured several private homes that go above and beyond anything I have ever seen locally. A lady on Park Point has her backyard and walk to the beach of Lake Superior open with paths lined with ice lanterns for a wonderful stroll through a winter wonderland. The Sawyer house in the upper left corner was synchronized to music that you tuned in on your car radio through an FM station. You need to click HERE to visit Jayme's blog as she took a short video of one of the songs on her camera. It was pretty awesome...even if I am heard talking at the beginning of it...sorry, Jayme I didn't see you were videoing :)

On Sunday, Jayme & Tammy and I got into the Christmas mood by making treats for all the upcoming get-togethers as well as National Chocolate Covered Anything Day. We spent MANY hours baking, melting and dipping away and...
in the evening Scott & Nathan joined us as we took a break for more fun watching the Sawyer Brown Christmas Show.

You are all invited to come and join in the chocolate fun starting tomorrow evening at my kitchen blog, Marsha's Kitchen, where you can see what the girls and I were up to :)

16 comments:

Amanda at 32˙North said...

How lovely! We also have an annual tradition of going to see lights!

Natasha in Oz said...

Everything looks so amazing. I wish we had this sort of thing in Australia.

Off to your kitchen now!

Best wishes, Natasha.

Jenn said...

Some beautiful lights you have there. I love going around the village admiring the hard work placed in such creations.

Darla said...

What a great way to kick off the Christmas Season!!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a great it looks like you all had...yyuuummmyyy looking goodies coming up...

Foley said...

All the Christmas decorations must have been amazing! I saw Jayme's blog... that had to be quite the place to see!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a beautiful sight that must have been in person! I can't wait to see the results of all that chocolate dipping :)

Jayme said...

You got really good photos of Bentleyville and the concert. Tammy and mine made everyone look like they were glowing.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

WOW!!! The lights are spectacular.It sounds like so much fun to visit this place with those you hold dear.The video is excellent.
Blessings,Ruth

Cynthia said...

Marsha, we have something very similar to your Bentleyville Tour of Lights ... even some of the same displays (or very similar). Our granddaughter loves it. There are usually so many cars there that you're forced to go through very slowly which makes it even nicer.

Looks like a fun and productive Sunday making goodies. Sounds like a delightful family weekend.

Unknown said...

Excellent presentation of your mosaic. Love the photos.

Merry Christmas ~
TTFN ~Marydon
**NEW BLOG**
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Carol said...

What a fantastic time it looks like!

Jayne said...

What fun mosaics Marsha! Chocolate Covered Anything Day... oh, my!

bBchronicles said...

What FUN, FESTIVE mosaics - you've got the SPIRIT!!!!

eileeninmd said...

The light show is fantastic, I love the cover anythign with chocolate, What fun that must be. Wonderful mosaics and photos.

Regina said...

Awesome captures!
Happy Holidays!