Saturday, August 01, 2009

August 1st garden walk...part one

It's August 1st so that means it is time for our monthly garden walks. For the comparsion shots from this area on July 1st click HERE. You will also be able to follow a link from the July 1st post to shots from May-June. I just looked myself and was quite surprised at the changes from July 1 to August 1 ;)
This morning I took so many shots because I am at peak blossom time right now. Of course, I have also been so busy lately that I am also had peak weed season too so please ignore all the weeds you will be seeing :)

I have done the first three gardens as mosaics in order to post them for Mosaic Monday on our hostess, Mary's blog, the Little Red House. Click HERE to see her blog and all the other's participating in Mosaic Monday.

First up, is the angel garden. Jeff had a truck parked there and I didn't feel like moving it so I creatively shot around it and created this mosaic. As always, you can click on any photo for a larger view. This garden is the least cared for of all of them but we don't really spend any time out there so it is the last to be weeded which has only been once all summer.
Next up, is the front landscape. It is looking great with all the reblooming roses and still thriving especially since Hershey tends to bury things in it all the time! I think she is finally learning and has moved on to our lawn area.
Next up is the side yard and the barn. As you can see on the side yard view...Hershey is digging holes all over the lawn now. As soon as we fill them in more appear. The little lavender bell shaped flower is Betty Corning clematis growing in the side bed. The barn vegetable/herb garden is doing well (though also a little weedy). I'm harvesting lots of herbs and cucumbers but still waiting for the tomatoes, peppers and zuchinni to mature.

Please continue reading to the next two posts for the backyard and Parts Two and Three.

27 comments:

Darla said...

Your gardens are at a spectacular time right now. I haven't done my monthly tour in two months I think. I think we went out of town and then I decided to restructure the full sun garden and redecorated the house?????????I love all of your winding paths with the little garden art tucked every where...hope I didn't disturb Barbie!

Jayne said...

They all look so beautiful Marsha! When we see them in the dead of winter and then see what they become, it's breathtaking really. I see no weeds at all... only very, very beautiful gardens.

Cynthia said...

Marsha, it's all beautiful and definitely well-tended. ... I cannot get over how well the plants are doing along the pathway to the little barn. It's hard to believe that little barn wasn't even there a few months ago.

Hopefully Hershey will outgrow her digging... she really is a sweetie.

Lana G! said...

Wow, just beautiful! Nicely done!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Marsha! I took your garden walk! What beautiful gardens you have! And what a lot of work you have put into creating them! Just lovely! Happy week!...Debbie

Jeanne said...

Beautiful grounds! All a feast for the eyes!

Gwen said...

wow! how wonderful to be surrounded by all that beauty!!! I is just lovley! a lot of work I am sure too!! :)

Roban said...

I am always impressed by gardens.... I can't imagine being able to create something so beautiful.

I enjoyed reading your comment about your friend... I may have to adopt her saying for myself!

ellen b said...

Wow what a fabulous spread you have! I loved seeing everything. Great mosaics!!

Kathleen said...

Do you mind if I sit and have a cool drink? My feet are tired from walking through all your gardens! How do you keep up with all that..just amazing..
So many flowers, and vegetables..
just beautiful, Marsha..

Carol said...

Marsha, I always love your garden walks and the best thing is I am never tired :) Always gorgeous, I don't know how you do it!

Claudia said...

What a lovely presentation.

This is my first time visiting you ...certainly not the last.


TTFN~~ Claudia ♥

Ebie said...

Marsha, you have such a lovely garden and a great mosaic creation. Everything is so lovely and am loving the barn. I have enjoyed the tour.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Even your little red barn garden! Wow...
Have a great week!
~Really Rainey~

xinex said...

Your garden is so beautiful, Marsha. That red barn is so cute! Lovely mosaics!....Christine

Regina said...

Beautiful garden! Gorgeous shots.

Carolyn said...

I agree beautiful garden and great shots!

Carolyn

Cass @ That Old House said...

Your gardens are glorious! And I can't blame Hershey -- digging in the dirt means you uncover cool dirt which is much nicer in hot summer weather!

(Our first spaniel once dug up all my aunt's carefully nurtured impatiens at her condo, while we were having lunch on a very hot day, and then lay down in the cool dirt, very happy. Practical dog.)

Love that delicate clematis.

Cass

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

Ah, the time that must take you to maintain! You're obviously doing something right - your gardens are spectacular!

Great mosaic, thanks for the tour!

Millie said...

Love that cute little barn...and all the flowers are spectacular!

RobinfromCA said...

Everything looks just wonderful. And Hershey is so cute you just can't get mad at that face when she digs those holes!

Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, I can't get over how the little red barn looks like it has always been part of your garden. I love the red trellis in front of the barn :-) I always enjoy your garden walks. Looking forward to September.

Kathy said...

Amazing gardens! What a talent you have. The little barn is adorable. Great mosaics! ~Kathy

Tina said...

Marsha,
I love that you have so many gardens and I can appreciate all the hard work that you put into them. They are lovely and I can't believe how your barn/veggie garden looks...it feels like yesterday that you and your hubby were building that barn!!
neat post.. and love the mosaics!

RuthieJ said...

Gosh Marsha, everything's so beautiful! Your gardening skill and energy for taking care of them is amazing.

Bonnie said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! I can't wait for the tour.

Jennie Shutt said...

Your garden is very beautiful.