Saturday, September 05, 2009

September garden walk...front landscape

I am so happy with the front landscape that we added last year. It has beautiful roses and miniature trees with lots of room for perennials and annuals. This view shows the walled side with the 4 matching planters and includes my Japanese lilac, a pee gee hydrangea and a burning bush standard.
It is also home to several mums and...
this black and blue salvia. I have 3 of these b & b salvias this year and will add many more next year as they are constantly visted by hummingbirds (except when I standing there with the camera)!
I'm going to cut the blossoms of the pee gee this week as the poor little tree can't handle the weight of the blossoms.
King Kong coleus did well again in the front door chair planter and he'll be back again next year.
This view across the driveway at the rose garden shows another sure sign of autumn...the soybeans across the road are turning color and ripening.
The roses are doing really well and I enjoy the mixture of all the varieties as well as the kyushu hydrangea tree.
The purple emperor sedum is a bee magnet.
One last view before we move on.

7 comments:

JeanMac said...

Your yard is beautiful.

Foley said...

Did you just put the pee gee in this year?? Everything looks so nice!!

Cynthia said...

It's amazing how green everything is ... was it a mild August? ... Everything is lovely, but I love the view of all the spruces ... especially the blue spruce close to the little barn.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

You have some lovely plantings, Marsha! King Coleus didn't do well in my garden last year :(

Carol said...

Very pretty, Marsha! I always enjoy the walks!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Your gardens still look so beautiful! Mine are looking a little sad these days.

RuthieJ said...

Can you overwinter the black & blue salvia? Or does it grow from seeds? I would really like to try that plant for hummingbirds next summer in pots on the deck.