Saturday, September 12, 2009

guest photographer...

Last weekend on our way up to Duluth we were lucky enough to spot this family of sandhill cranes in the Milaca area. Since I was driving, as I turned around Jeff grabbed the camera and when I pulled over he took the shots! Since he refuses to run a camera or video camera on any vacation (he would rather see life full size and not through a viewfinder) he suprised me and got some great shots.

He surprised me even more when we were out scouting wooded land for sale, Jayme, Scott & I stayed in the car with our sandaled feet to avoid possible poison ivy and he took some photos for me to see the property. I didn't expect this artistic shot!
I'm going to make a photographer out of him yet...only took 33 years :)

10 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Amazing pictures.Be patient,it only took my husband 34 years to turn me into a photographer.Once the bug bit there was no turning back.But we're having fun.:)
Blessings,Ruth

Darla said...

I would like to congratulate him....but it pisses me off when he like my husband takes no interest in taking photos, normally..and then gets a great capture of something that we would have missed! Okay......so.........Kudos to your husband..LOL

Jayme said...

Wow, I'm impressed with the artsy photo dad took.

Foley said...

Ok, Ok..did Jeff really take that "artistic" shot or did he trip and fall and click the camera on the way down??? Did any of you ACTUALLY see him take it??? LMAO!!!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, tell Jeff he did great! You always find those rare birds, ones that I don't think I will ever see. Thanks for sharing.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'll bet he'll be hooked now after seeing how well his shots turned out! Sandhill cranes are such interesting birds. We see them on the golf course we play at occasionally. I love their call.

Tootsie said...

great photos...I love how you are after 33 years making a photographer!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Where are you looking????

Cynthia said...

Jeff did a great job. Maybe you've won him over. It took my husband 36 years to get me to take pictures ... and only then because it gave me something to do while he took his photos. :)

RuthieJ said...

Way to go Jeff! That gives me hope for training my own Mr. Johnson!