Monday, September 14, 2009

Mosaic Monday...

Monarchs are abundant in the late summer garden and are so fun to photograph. The sphinx moth on the other hand is almost impossible to capture still. I tried lots of experimenting with settings and I still couldn't capture the wings without motion!

Please join, Mary at The Little Red House, to see all the other bloggers participating HERE. I especially love Mary's subject, Autumn Comes. The fall leaves and misty shots are spectactular!

25 comments:

Maggie said...

Such beautiful mosaics you have created, you are a very talented lady indeed.
Happy Mosaic Monday
a bientot
Maggie & Normandy Life

María Cecilia said...

Hi Marsha, this is my first time in your blog and I love your garden!! and your pictures and mosaics. So nice meeting you.
Cariños
María Cecilia

Mary said...

Wow, stunning shots! We have not seen many butterflies at all this year, and whenever we see a sphinx moth, we mistake them for hummingbirds... lol Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful images at Mosaic Monday. :)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Both of these mosaics are stunning.Each picture is lovely on it's own,but together they are so gorgeous.
Blessings,Ruth

Darla said...

You are way too hard on your photography skills!! All of these photos are divine...We are now trying to raise the monarch eggs to caterpillar status...come by and see.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I agree with Darla- these are amazing, wonderful photos.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Gorgeous photos and mosaics!!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful mosaics - your images are so sharp and clear.

Carolyn

My name is Riet said...

Beautiful pictures and mosaics. Very special with the butterflies.
Have a nice day

Bonnie said...

Wonderful butterfly collage. And I agree about the moth. I have not been able to get a clear shot of one. I think you did a great job though. Your photos are the clearest I've seen.

Julie said...

Great pictures; I love when the butterflies come to visit.

Foley said...

Marsha - your mosaics are just stunning! You have it down pat to your settings..it's not that easy to capture the butterflies or moths! Outstanding photos!!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh my goodness, Marsha, those are amazing pictures! I can't stop looking at these images... fabulous.

The Monarch looks as if it is "fake" and posed -- it's just so perfect!
Cass

Wildflowerhouse said...

Such beautiful mosaics and I love your header too. Sharon

Brenda Pruitt said...

The photos of the butterflies are magnificent! I haven't gotten a decent shot of one all summer!
Brenda

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, very nice shots of the beloved monarchs!

Carol said...

Your photography is fantastic, Marsha! Gorgeous mosaic.

Jayne said...

Just gorgeous!

Kathy said...

The individual photos are wonderful, but the way you've put them together into the mosaics.....they are simply FANTASTIC. Thank you for sharing.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Those butterflies posed for their pictures. The mosaic is outstanding!

Carol

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Butterflies are such gorgeous creatures! I've never been able to capture a sphinx moth as well as you have - great shots!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous mosaics .... you have an abundance of monarchs. I'm not surprised considering your beautiful gardens. I enjoy the pics of the sphinx moth ... with or without wing movement.

jalynn01 said...

Love the Monarchs but I must say my favorite is the sphinx. What a beautiful color combination.. and you have the flowers to attract all of them. Great job Marsha!

RuthieJ said...

Wow Marsha, you do have a lot of monarchs in your garden. I'm still not seeing many wild ones flying through my yard.

Suzy said...

These mosaics look like stained glass. Awesome captures!