Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blossoms, Bugs and Birds...

In these last days of summer, the gardens are a "buzz" of activity. It is near impossible to take a photo of a flower without some type of insect in/on the blossom and many flowers are looking like swiss cheese. I am actually quite thankful for all the bugs at this time of year because then I am rewarded with a garden full of migrating birds looking for a snack and a cool drink. I hope you enjoy these scenes as much as I did taking the photos!











Life is Good!

14 comments:

Foley said...

Great photos Marsha - love the #10 bird photo..looks like he was checking you out!!

Peggy said...

Fall warblers are so cool! You might see the ones you don't get in the spring, but then they look so different in the fall!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Beautiful photos, Marsha! I love the shot of the bird with the bug in it's mouth. You've made my garden 'wish list' grow today!

I'm so envious that you have roses that aren't smoothered in Japanese Beetles. I'm actually thinking of removing my roses next year, sadly.

RuthieJ said...

Dang Marsha! You're in warbler heaven over there! If I wasn't already planning to go to Wisconsin this weekend, I'd be heading over to your place!
I think that last picture is a Wilson's Warbler and your warbler with the bug looks like a Bay-Breasted. Awesome photos, girlfriend!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Marsha,
I think your garden is AWESOME!!!!
I love it , it is inspiring to me.
Your pics are fantastic. Thanks for stopping by.;-)
~Myrna

jalynn01 said...

I just love all your warblers but my favorite picture has to be the Oriole (I think) peering into the pink flower!! How cool that was.Nice series!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Lovely captures.The birds seem to be enjoying the seeds and bugs.Your roses still look so good.Thanks for sharing your birds and blossoms.
Blessings,Ruth

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I had a wave of warblers in my back yard today. It's such a treat to see those little jewells!

Lylah Ledner said...

Amazing and lovely and incredible. Had to stop, take the lil' mac to show my daughter who loves photos. Just this past week I took out the simple canon and got creative in my garden. I'd love for you to take a peek :-) www.lamaisonetlejardin.com

My garden is one of my sanctuary places. Love yours!

blessings...lylah

Cynthia said...

What a sweet post, Marsha ... It's fun to see your variety of birds. You got some really great shots ... and it's always fun to see the expression on the birds' faces. ... Putting up with a few bugs is worth having all your feathered visitors. Yes, life is good.

Darla said...

You always take the best bird photos. I love the birdie looking up at the sunflower.

Joyce said...

Love those sweet bird shots and your header is amazing. I guess I should change my header to a Fall theme as your header is so pretty.
Joyce

From the Old InkWell said...

OHHHH! What a sweet post! The little bird under the sunflower - that's a keeper!

The Feathered Nest said...

Marsha, your photography is so beautiful!!!! This little bird just warms my heart ~ it's such a sweetie! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, xxoo, Dawn