5 months ago
Friday, September 18, 2009
Birds at the Rock...
It was a busy day on and around the rock today...
there were lots of robins and...
I wasn't sure of this one waiting his turn...
until...
he landed on the rock and showed me his rump ;) A yellow rumped warbler or butter-butt.
It was fun to capture 3 different kinds of birds and I noticed the robin was most watchful...
the mourning dove was the most mellow and the...
bluejay was definitely the loudest!
Another little warbler waiting his turn.
The windows may be clean but the photos are definitely not as clear. I hope to be able to spend some time outside tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
What wonderful entertainment. Your picture are great and I am in love with your gardens. Sharon
Your photos look great. You can see the yellow on the butter butt in the first photo..
Fantastic action at the rock.I like the mixture of birds.
Blessings,Ruth
Now that is cute entertainment:)
Joyce
what a treat to have such colorful visitors.
Nice pictures!
Another wonderful post, Marsha ... adorable pictures. I love the look on the silly bluejay in the next to last picture and how his feathers splay out.. I enlarged it to get a better look. :) Fantastic pic.
Fun post, Marsha! I enjoy your pics!
Poor thing - how would you like to go through life being known as "butter-butt" ! ;)
Great photos..seems like you have been having a full house on the rock!
Marsha, not sure if I ever told you but I refer to it as "Rock Cafe". I told my husband that I am waiting for a rock just like Marsha's drop to down from the heavens in my garden at the cottage :-)
typo..meant to say "to drop down from the heavens"
What a great shot of the Blue Jay, Robin and Mourning Dove together, Marsha!
Wonderful bird photos - as always!
Aw, Marsha, they're so sweet.
I bet they really appreciate that water since it's been so dry lately!
Great shots Marsha plus I think you are the first I've seen to post a butter rump!! Yea they are on the way!!
These are so wonderful. I ADORE the ones of the three bathers.
Post a Comment