Saturday, August 01, 2009

August 1st garden walk...Part Three

Continuing on our backyard garden walk I want to show you how beautiful the Rooguchi clematis is...it is one of my favorites and I have one in the front yard as well.At the back arbor we have a little "showdown" over who gets to lead the rest of the tour...
while they decide let's just head towards the cabin. Dragging those hoses knocks plants down so be careful where you step.
A look back...
and then a look at all the self seeded annuals along the path back to the patio and...
in front of the cabin.
Once we walk up the path we can look back and see the cabin surrounded in color...
and view the rock fountain from right beside the pond.
Looking to our left we can view the whole pond, I just hate to leave but...
the winner of the "showdown" is anxiously awaiting us to continue the tour!
As we head up the final path we walk right by Pine Hollow...sshh...let's whisper...
Barbie, the baby fairy is sleeping on her little pink bed. She is a new little addition gifted to the garden by a fellow blogger, Barb, of Foley's Follies. We met in real life last week on our weekend trip to IA. If baby Barbie is as adventurous as Barb, then she needs her sleep ;)
We'll just tiptoe past the hollow back to the patio...
and take one last look back from where we came...wish we could stay longer but...
the tour guide is leading me to about a dozen holes on the lawn to fill in. Come on' Ruger, I know you are bored...you can help!
See you on September 1st for our next walk...things will be really winding down already then.

7 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Whew,I am thirsty after that walk.Did you say there was cold Lemonade available?:)This was most enjoyable.Your yard looks like a park.Thanks for the tour.
Blessings,Ruth

From the Old InkWell said...

Marsha, your garden is beautiful! Oh my, what a labor of love this must have been. I can't imagine how many hours you've put in to make this look so amazing!

Cynthia said...

Marsha, I've thoroughly enjoyed each month's tour and your gardens are absolutely gorgeous.

But, I truly love seeing the pics of Ruger and Hershey. And I am not surprised that Hershey won the nose-to nose showdown. I love that picture!

I'd imagine that Ruger has learned to choose his battles where Hershey is concerned.

~JarieLyn~ said...

This was a very interesting walk. So very serene and lush and just joyful. It makes me feel happy. I love that the dogs are there too.
Thanks for sharing.

Becky K. said...

So, so pretty!

Thanks for sharing!

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Foley said...

Marsha - Your gardens are just so beautiful - so many unique items in all..love the red chairs!!

But of course - I'm especially pleased that you know have a "Baby Barbie Fairy" lol So honored to hold a place in Pine Hollow!!!

RuthieJ said...

I love that clematis in your first pic. What's the feathery foliage in with it?
I love August too because of all the blooming flowers. Are you seeing many butterflies in your gardens?