Last night, I had the privilege of watching Benjamin perform at his second recital and he did a fantastic job. Click HERE for a flashback of last year's performance, you are not going to believe how much he has grown in one year. Once again the recital was divided into categories and these were Ben's choices...Lesson Favorite - Boogie Boarding
Duet (with teacher) - Bingo
Songs We've All Heard Before - I'm Popeye the Sailor Man
Parent's Picks - Carillon Bells
Hymn - Come Thou Almighty King
Classical Composers - William Tell Overture
My seat didn't let me get a very good photo of his face so afterwards I had him pose at the piano for me. He even graciously played a song from memory for me. I had to laugh this morning when I noticed how fast the boutonniere had come off ;)
Notice how I am using the names Benjamin & Ben? His given name is Benjamin but he is starting to like it shortened into Ben...making his full name the exact same as his namesake, my dad, and last night was the first time I saw it written as Ben in print in the program. Ben, I wish you could have met and known Grandpa Ben...he would be so proud of you as I am.
Blog readers: I know most of you are assuming that Ben & Alexis are my grandchildren but they are my brother's grandkids. I don't have any grandchildren of my own but these two have a very special place in my heart so thus they are frequent visitors on the "garden of life" part of my blog.
10 comments:
a sweet legacy continued...your Daddy would have been very proud of him.
:)
Glad you enjoyed the piano concert with "BEN". Yes they certainly do grow up so quickly in size. I had to laugh when you the flower went missing:) Just wait until he goes to the Prom in a few years and some cute girl pins him with another one:)
Joyce
I can't believe how Ben has grown since last year! What a handsome boy, and I know you are very proud of him.
I'm laughing, Marsha! Boys, you just have to love them!! He probably gets 'Benny' or 'The Benster' at home. We won't tell.
That's incredible for him to play the piano. Not too many boys today, would do that. I love listening to piano music and I'm sure you were just glowing in the croud. Way to go, Ben!!
Marsha ... you are fortunate to have a Dancing Queen AND a Piano Man in your life. And I bet they feel the same way to about having you and Jeff in their lives.
I haven't been to a piano recital in 20+ years and found it very interesting how the recital was divided into categories. Ben made some great choices of the four I know.
Marsha, I'm glad you posted the link for last year's recital. It hard to believe that it's the same young man. WOW, what a difference a year has made. Different hair, glasses, and looks like he has really grown.
Lovely post...
What a great kid! Can't believe how he has changed in just one year..he keeps that up and he'll be way for 6' tall!! MY oldest didn;t take piano until he was in college and just loved it..told me he wished I had MADE him take it when he was younger!! (you can't win)
Billy Joel, step aside!!!
What a handsome young man. laurie
I know you are proud and how special to be close to your family like this!!
You are a great Aunt!!! Sweet post!
What a great aunt you are! Ben/Benjamin is practically beaming for your camera. So many songs to learn and perform! I had a couple of piano recitals many years ago. Oy..I wasn't any good! lol
Post a Comment