Monday, May 04, 2009

followed me???

Remember how last week I blogged about the yellow-headed blackbird saying one has never visited the garden? Well, I think one followed me home...look who has been visiting this weekend.

We had a busy weekend doing some much needed yard work and Gabi was so happy it involved the ranger. She is doing so poorly these days and even though she can no longer see, she hears the ranger start up and is soon riding co-pilot. I took her on extra rides just to make her happy. Many of you know that I work from home and so I have lots of extra hours to garden as long as I have the business phone and message pad outside with me. This year, I forgot we had a puppy...
at least it still works ;)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful capture of the bird...love that you give the dog extra rides, cool you can work from home and keep the phone away from the puppy!!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I'm sure that bird knew you would be a good person to follow home ;) How neat! I'm sure you're giving Gaby lots of TLC, poor thing.

I'm glad the phone still works - LOL!

Cynthia said...

Marsha, I hope you have lots of time to take Gabi for rides. It's so hard to watch our pets grow old and endure infirmities.

It's wonderful that the yellow-headed blackbird showed up. Thanks for sharing him with us.

Why am I not surprised that Hershey used the phone antenna as a chew toy.

Foley said...

I know I would follow you home!! The photos are gorgeous.

I'm glad you're spending the extra time with Gabi..she is so cute.

So Hershey is teething still??? I'm glad he is an outside dog or you may be replacing furniture!

troutbirder said...

We have zillions of the red wing and not a one of the yellowhead. They are definitely colorful. Mmmm that phone must have tasted good!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Marsha, you never cease to amaze me. Your zest for life and compassion for people and your puppies, ranks you right up there with the very best of them. Amazing, that's all I can say, your shots too, hehe. Hugs to you for your love of your pets.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, if I were a yellow headed blackbird, I would fly to your house too. You have it all, and are so good to both your feathered and furry friends. I still see things around the house that Kiki chewed on when she was a puppy. Gabi and Hershey look very content :-)

Suzy said...

That yellow headed blackbird knows where the good meals are to be had! Beautiful photos. Poor Gaby...it's good she has something that can bring her so much joy. Dogs are so easy to please even when they are suffering. That DOES look like something good to chew on......just sticking out there waiting...

Jayne said...

Oh Marsha, he is absolutely gorgeous!!! I am green with envy.. yep, coveting your blackbird...lol.
Glad the phone is durable!

A Grain of Salt said...

Hi Marsha. I cracked up at the phone! Hope Gabi gets a lot more rides. There you go again with the great bird shot!

Jayne @ S&S

The Birdlady said...

Oh my goodness...he's amazing!

Tina said...

Wonderful photo of the yellow-headed black bird..and he looks so nice against the colors of that bird feeder!! Your gardens are certainly coming alive and look great!!
Funny how dogs and cats somehow get to our phones..I was texting my daughter and accidently dropped the phone on the floor where my dog then stepped on it and sent the unfinished message..how could a big paw, as his, hit that little send button?
twas funny.