5 months ago
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Missing Dad...
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. (author unknown)
Whenever I see an oriole, I think of my Dad. When he was homebound during his last months he enjoyed watching all the birds, especially the orioles. One day when we visited, the orioles were busy building a nest right above his driveway using tape from a old cassette they must have found somewhere. Daily, we watched the progress and kept his feeders filled for him. Last month my daughter called to say she had seen an oriole in her yard in northern MN. She asked my opinion on getting them to stay because they always remind her of Grandpa too. Everyone misses him! He had a such wonderful sense of humor and he loved his family especially his grandchildren.
We built an angel garden in his memory and I love to go out there and reflect. The plaque below is in the garden.
I cannot believe he has been gone 10 years today. We miss you and love you Grandpa Ben!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a sweet tribute Marsha. I am sure he is surrounded by Orioles now. :c)
Oh Marsha.....that was so sweet to post in memory of your dad and his love for the oriole. I really love the plaque that you have in the garden too. He sounds like such a sweet man....and those memories of our loved ones are just the best!
Hugs to you and your family!
Post a Comment