The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.
(e.e. cummings)
The garden is a scent for the noses with all the peonies blooming this week and I am showing a third variety which is a medium pink. Most of my peonies have been passed on to me so I have no names of the varieties.
On to our latest park in our full day of cycling/hiking last weekend. These photos are from
Blue Mounds state park near Luverne, MN. Jeff & I got a laugh from the kids digging mud holes and slinging mud at each other...what ever happened to building sand castles? This park has a resident buffalo herd grazing the prairie mounds.

We have not been to this park for 20 years but I had wanted to go back again in June to see all the blooming cacti. I remember being amazed at the first visit that Cactus even grew in MN and that they had such a beautiful bloom. So we planned the trip for June but with our spring being so late this year there wasn't a one blooming but all had buds.

But there were many other wildflowers to enjoy on our hike.

The wild prairie roses were blooming at all 5 parks we spent time at...

and there were birds to enjoy at each one too. This tree swallow couple posed for lots of photos as we walked by them.

A bit of MN history tomorrow, it is our state's sesquicentennial (150th anniversary of statehood) this year so we hope to ride to quite a few historical sites.
2 comments:
I was equally suprised by the prickly pears in Minn, purchased some and have been enjoying them ever since. Neat Minnesota blog. Thanks for sharing.
Hey Marsha, Are you planning to ride to historical sites on your bikes? Let me know if you've got any visits planned to the SE part of the state and I'll ride over and meet you there!
Post a Comment