Thursday, June 12, 2008

after the rain...

In the tiny petal of a tiny flower that grew from a tiny pod,
Is the miracle and the mystery of all creation and God.
(author unknown)
It rained and was very windy yesterday and the taller plants in the garden took quite a hit (I'll be staking today) but things are looking better in the sunshine this morning. Ruthie asked if the flowers in the garden art in the last post were current blooms and yes they are. The irises are all in full bloom.

The false blue indigo plant took the hardest hit in the wind but the blooms are still spectactular.
The cranesbill geraniums are also in full bloom...
and most of the columbines.

For once I am happy the peonies weren't blooming yet as they would never lasted through yesterday. The buds are definitely tougher than the blooms.
I am just loving these bright spots of color in my day.

4 comments:

jalynn01 said...

When you can sit at the end of the day and admire the flowers in your garden ~ it has been a good day. Love your beautiful shots today! My peonies are in full bloom!

Wanda said...

I always stand in awe at your pictures ~~~ today I stand amazed!!

Wonderful!

Jayne said...

What a lovely way to start my day! Now I can go forth with the images of your blooms in my mind. :c)

RuthieJ said...

I've never seen a red iris--it's beautiful!