Sunday, April 13, 2008

Signs of spring...

The snow is melting and there is still a large flock of juncos (including this one with unusual coloring) in the garden, but I have been seeing signs of spring with more new arrivals over the weekend.
Several pairs of woodducks have arrived...
as well as the the fox sparrows who have been enjoying the corn buffet.

6 comments:

Jayne said...

I've never seen a Junco that light colored Marsha. And wood ducks! Lucky you!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Ahh....Woodducks!!! WOW!
I believe the light colored Junco is a female. Beautiful shots Marsha!

BJ said...

Just love the pictures! And I absolutely love the woodducks! They are gorgeous!

jalynn01 said...

You know I have so many juncos but have never seen the female. Obviously they do not nest here. She was really pretty. Gotta love the wood ducks!!

RuthieJ said...

I've had so many juncos in my yard the last week. I keep thinking one of these days I'm going to get home from work and they'll all have headed north.....

Angie said...

Wonderful shots. Makes me want to buy a new lens for my camera.