Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature— the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.
(Rachel Carson)
April showers are here today but for the last four days we have had beautiful spring weather with temperatures up to 60. Like the chickadee shown above I enjoyed being outside and basking in all the sunlight until it was low in the western sky. Winter seemed extra long this year and I am grateful that spring is finally appearing in the sweet melodies of the song sparrow...

and in the first signs of growth in the garden...

and in the huge flocks of honking canadian geese migrating over the yard.

The white dove did not stick around and has moved on. I sure was hoping he would have decided to call the garden home this year.
6 comments:
That's a wonderful quote. The rebirth of spring is a constant.
Spring is my favorite time of the year! It is indeed much like a rebirth. The temps are up and down.....I can't wait for steady temps and sunny skies. The trees are all blooming now, the bradford pears and the crabapples....etc. The daffodils are blooming if they are in a sunny location. Still waiting on tulips and hycinths though.
The quote is great! And the pictures are fab. Thanks for sharing.
What a lovely grouping of pictures. Each one telling its own story.
Love the quote too.
Beautiful quote. Love your little chickadee-dee-dee. :c)
Hey Marsh, you are finally getting the Spring you wanted, YEA! So sorry about little Whitey, he was a real cutie, maybe he'll be back!!
I love the quote you posted, it is so appropriate and true! By the way, what's growing in your garden?
Wasn't that sun great while it lasted? It just seems to make these cold, gray days that much harder to take.
My Mr. Johnson took his bike out for a run on Saturday, I guess I should have gone along because it looks like I won't have another chance for a while :-(
Post a Comment