Friday, April 11, 2008

Shared joy....

Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow. (Swedish Proverb)
Allow me to share some of the joy from our roadtrip yesterday...
Pictured above is my invitation to the open house at Gillette Children's new Maple Grove clinic. This is the clinic that is displaying some of my photos so of course we were honored to attend this event. The building is displayed below through my raindrop splattered lens.
Once inside we received a personal tour from Melissa who serves as the Site Operations Manager/Rehab Supervisor and is a pediatric physical therapist. She is a beautiful person both inside and out! But back to the clinic...Jeff and I were amazed at all the wonderful technology and services this clinic provides. The clinic offers physical, occupational and speech therapy as well as customized seating, orthotics, prosthetics and other assistive-technology services. I can't say enough about what wonderful services and technology (that I never knew existed) they provide so if you are a parent of a child in the NW metro area in MN in need of this type of medical care...look them up!
Of course since I don't go anywhere without my camera I took a few pictures inside. This is my favorite...as this mother/child are walking down the hall touring the new facility, mom is looking to the left at all the wonderfully equipped treatment rooms but the little girl is looking at my photos displayed at child level! What a wonderful concept displaying things for children at their level!
Melissa, I can't thank you enough for allowing me to be part of this wonderful clinic.
I wish we could have stayed longer at the open house but we made an early exit due to the quickly changing weather and our 2 hour drive. The drive home was slow going with snow, slush, sleet and icy roads. We saw several cars in the ditch and one go in right in front of us. We just took it slow and had lots of time to talk about how much we enjoyed the clinic. This morning we woke up to 6 inches of snow that is melting as I write this. More is predicted for this evening but it is nothing like the inland hurricane Jayme & Scott are experiencing up north. Can it really be April 11th?

3 comments:

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Hi Marsha, gee you really got blasted with the snow storm. I don't miss that one bit! You are a tough girl going out in it. So glad you made it home safely.
Isn't it wonderful that there are clinics around to aid the children in need!! So nice you could be a part of it!!

Jayne said...

What a lovely honor Marsha! I am sure your photos will bring joy to so many. Glad you all made it home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you were able to make it for the Open House. So sorry you had to drive home in those conditions, good thing you headed out early and I am glad you made it home safely.
Thanks again for donating your time, talents and treasures to our clinic. As you know, people can't say enough good things.
So good to see you and Jeff.
Melissa