Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Mr. Downy...


That little bird has chosen his shelter. Above it are the stars and the deep heaven of worlds. Yet he is rocking himself to sleep without caring for tomorrow's lodging, calmly clinging to his little twig, and leaving God to think for him.
(Martin Luther)

This little guy is a frequent visitor at the suet feeder. Today, he seemed like he was waiting for me to get a good shot...
because as usual someone always shuts their eyes in at least one photo!

4 comments:

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Oh, I just love that last shot of the Downy with his eyes shut. You're right, there is always at least one, and sometimes it's the most perfect shot!! They're beautiful, Marsha! You, too, have a wonderful and always interesting blog!!

Wanda said...

You have the best bird blog...I just love your pictures ~~ especially how you give us more than one shot...I love that!

Jayne said...

Sweeeeeet!!! He WAS posing for you Marsha!

RuthieJ said...

Aren't those little downies so much fun to watch? Those are some great photos, Marsha.