The roofs are shining from the rain,
The sparrows twitter as they fly,
And with a windy April grace
The little clouds go by.
Yet the backyards are bare and brown
With only one unchanging tree--
I could not be so sure of Spring
Save that it sings in me.
(Sare Teasdale)
It is raining today and the forecast for tomorrow is rain & snow again! Can it really be late April? Since it was forecasted to be wet I got the fish back in the pond yesterday. They have been living in the garage since
November 14th and today was the first time they have been fed since late October. A six month diet and they look no worse for it!

While photographing the fish I noticed this frog sitting on the edge of a tile I use to hold plants in the pond. The close up makes him look almost prehistoric.
.JPG)
Since it was raining, I went to town to run some errands. I stopped at a local farm supply store to pick up birdseed and you coul hear these little guys all over the store. I pulled out the purse size camera for my bird photo of the day. They are so cute & fluffy!

I have not seen the female cardinal again so I consider myself lucky to have seen her on Tuesday. The few cardinals we have seen have usually been a one day stop for rest, food & water as
this male did last July.
7 comments:
Oh Marsha! Just imagine how excited I was when I came here and you pictured the fish! I have been thinking about them so much. So glad that they are back in their favorite spot.....and the frog.....it doesn't look real. All the pics are so nice and the adorable baby chicks are precious! Any thing with "baby" in the title makes me smile!
What cute chickys and frogs! Glad you were able to get your fish back out, and I'll bet they were thrilled as well. :c)
Hi Marsha...That has to be exciting to see the fish in the spring. And that frog, he is so cute! It's always so sweet to hear the chick in the farm supply stores this time of year, they are just adorable when they are tiny like that.
Good morning Marsha.
I am so glad to see your fish again. I will be knitting stockings for my baby chicks here and trying to dig out some duck nests today (we had 12" of snow yesterday & sorry to say it's probably by you today). Hang in there, it's almost over. :)
Rox
Carthage,SD
Hi Marsha,
Your frog was so cool. Loved the way you edged the picture. And the peeps were adorable. Always have your camera ready! And you did. Great job.
Oh these photo's are magnificient!!
Everyone is my favorite!!!
Boy have I missed your posts!!
Oh...that frog is so beautiful. I'm enjoying catching up here.
Post a Comment