for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
(Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976)
The beautiful tree Benjamin picked out on Saturday is up and decorated. Once again it is the most beautiful ever! This Christmas tree like all the others before it is chock full of memories. It is not a "decorator" tree but a reflection of our lives and marriage. Last year in this post I told you about all my sentimental family ornaments.
This year I'll show you just a few of the ornaments from our travels. New this year is the Branson snowman from our Ozarks trip and the cherries and lighthouse from our Door County adventure. I am lucky to be able to travel and some of the favorites shown are from the Black Hills of SD; San Diego, CA; Alaska and Australia. It is so much fun to unpack them all and remember when and where we bought them as we put them up on the tree...I hope there are many more of these kind of ornaments in my future."The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
(St. Augustine)
4 comments:
What a marvelous tree. I believe I've been to that lighthouse..was it Porland Maine???
oops I was wrong..Door Country..I should have looked closer :)
What a beautiful tree! I've yet to see a Christmas tree that I didn't think was lovely. Even with a few imperfections, the lights and ornaments cover them up. And like you, all of my ornaments have sentimental value to me.....whether it be the ones for the children.....I still put on the tree....or the ones that my husband gave me each year...they all mean something very special.
Thanks for sharing this picture of your Christmas tree and a look at your special ornaments.
Hi Marsha,
That's a beautiful tree. I love that you use tinsel--that always completes the tree for me. Isn't it fun to have *special memory* ornaments?
Post a Comment