Friday, July 27, 2007

Well rested...

We took some time off this week to ride and camp, hike and relax in beautiful Door County, Wisc. With the islands of Green Bay on one side and beautiful Lake Michigan on the other, it is a fun destination that I hope to visit again someday.

While we were gone, MN experienced high heat and higher humidities but we had it made with great temps and cool evenings around the campfire. With all the heat & humidity, the gardens grew like crazy and everything survived thanks to Nathan coming out to water. THANKS NATHAN!The peninsula is known for it's cherry orchards and there are many of them as well as roadside stands selling sweet and tart cherries. Good thing, I'm a cherry loving gal! Oh and did I mention the six wineries that offer tours and tastings :-) In Door Co. even the cheese has cherries in it...Yup, it's a good thing, I'm a cherry loving gal :-)

3 comments:

Jayme said...

You're going to have to send that photo do the Door Co. visitor's bureau! :-)

BJ said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! And I welcome some cooler weather.

That picture is great! Gees - you are just tooo good! I agree with Jayme!

sandy said...

Wow...sounds like a great trip...nice pics... sandy