Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thank you, Lord


I marvel at the splendor that surrounds me,
The beauty that expands from sky to sea.
Oh God, how can I ever start to thank You
For all the wondrous things You've given me?







I thank you, Lord, for trees that grace the woodlands,
For every growing thing that's bright and fair,
For mountains high and every golden meadow.
For wherever there is beauty, You are there.

(Patience Hartbauer)





Jeff & I just returned from a few days of riding in the Black Hills of South Dakota and really enjoyed all the beauty that surrounded us. From the trees growing on the high canyon walls of Spearfish Canyon (photo 1), to the fog shrouded spires of Needles Highway (photo 2), to the buffalo filled golden meadows of Custer State Park (photo 3) and finally the beautiful but desolate Badlands (photo 4) we marveled at God's wonderful creation.

We rode through fog, rain & beautiful sunshine but it was all good, who could complain in these surroundings? I hope to share some more of these "garden of life" moments in the next few posts and over the long white winter so hopefully you bear with me :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved all your photos and comments...
Barbara from Alabama