Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This is November...

Ice on the puddles,
Trees are bare;
Mornings are chilly,
Breath on the air.
Squirrels are still busy;
Where nuts can be found,
Hiding their treasures
In hollows around.
(Harriet Whipple)


This morning is definitely chilly as we woke up to the first 0 degree temp with -15 below wind chill. I am so thankful I don't work outside all day like Jeff does!

This squirrel is one among many that are now visible high up in the bare trees. the problem is this guy has taken a liking to the bird feeders. I can't believe how brave he is getting even coming to the one closest to the house. I guess it is the best place "where nuts can be found".
This is what happens when you forget you hung something on the tree. We have lived here for 26 years and the place was an abandoned farmsite for many years before that. I wonder how long this tree has been growing around this chain...

2 comments:

BJ said...

Great pictures Marsha. I love the pic of the squirrel....he has so much red on him! I don't think I've seen a squirrel with that coloring.

That is such an interesting pic with the tree growing around the chain. It just goes to show that nautre stops for nothing! Love it.

Wanda said...

Don't mess with Mother Nature, or her trees.
Love all your photos...so unique every one!