Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving....


Give me a grateful heart, Lord,
For each small favor granted.
As years unfold, may I behold
Life, still, through eyes enchanted.
Let me find beauty in all things,
Not be too blind to see
The goodness in my fellowman,
That he would find in me.

Let me rejoice in simple things;
I need no wealth to buy
The scent of pine upon the wind,
A burnished copper sky,
Scarlet roses through the trees...
Oh, grant that I may not outgrow
Affinity for these!

Give me a grateful heart, Lord;
Let me be satisfied
When days are less than sunny
And plans lie at low tide.
Life is a sweet adventure
That will lead to who knows where,
So, give me a grateful heart, Lord,
That I may always care.
(Grace Easley)


This Thanksgiving & everyday I am grateful for all things in my life! May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Beautiful poem Marsha. Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.