Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the Last Dance...

It's the last dance, we've come to the last dance
They're dimming the lights down, they're hoping we'll go
(Frank Sinatra lyrics)


I finally finished the garden clean up yesterday by clearing out the angel garden. The little johnny jump ups are the last blooms standing and the "leave room for angels to dance" sign is on this garden's arbor.

It the last song, they're playing the last song
The orchestra's yawning, they're sleepy I know
They're wondering just when will we leave, but till we leave, keep holding me tight
Through the last dance, each beat of the last dance
Save me the first dance in your dreams tonight
(Frank Sinatra lyrics)


The angels all gathered together...ready for a good long winter's rest in the storage shed after a summer of dancing.
Cleaning up the gardens is a lot of work and I am very grateful for my favorite gardening tool, my Polaris Ranger with a dump box. I am always hauling loads of stuff in it. As you can see, it is Gabi's favorite too. She is the first in the seat and the last to leave (in between hauling loads, she naps on the seat while I pull and trim down plants).
My friend, Mr. Rust Oleum, gave all the hydrangeas their holiday attire. Now, they are ready for Thanksgiving, Christmas & Valentines Day and will be a bright spot in the winter garden.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

Gabi Jo is too cute!

Wanda said...

Thank you for the tour of your back yard...and even with a song. Gabi is adorable...how we love our animals. :)

BJ said...

Marsha - loved reading about the dancing angels, ready to sleep through the winter!

The tour and the pictures are great. Love seeing you on your Harley! They are beautiful machines. And I would guess that you try to enjoy riding as much as you can.

Nice post!