Is etched on graying skies,
And, with swiftly moving clouds,
November winds arise,
Nature falls asleep. Another
Year comes to a close.
The solemn side of nature reigns
And rules o'er sweet repose.
(Anna Reynolds)
I still haven't the heart to turn off the rock as the birds (especially the chickadees) are constantly using it. It will probably be soon as the splashing water is freezing as it falls and the surface of the pond is frozen except for a "volcano" looking opening where the water falls into.
2 comments:
Hi Marsha,
That's a beautiful picture of the sunrise moon!
I have my little bubbling rock still going in my heated birdbath on the deck. All the birds love that and I even had a few Cedar Waxwings visit it over the weekend.
Have you ever put one of those bigger tank heaters in your pond for the winter?
Just stunning!...Love the ice..Beautiful indeed!!
Post a Comment