No shade, no shine,
No butterflies, no bees,
No fruits, no flowers,
No leaves, no birds,
November.
(author unknown)

This quote is not entirely true as there are still lots of birds around. I think the migratory ones have all passed through except for a robin or two that stick around to clean off the last of those dreaded buckthorn berries. This guy still frequents the rock daily.

It amazes me that as cold as the water is, birds still bathe daily. Here a bluejay is enjoying what will be one of the last baths of the season as we will be turning off the fountain and winterizing the waterlines this week. I will put out the heated water dish for drinking but it does not have the room for a good old splishing and splashing bath. Luckily, I have lots of those photos from this summer to share over the winter months.
Where's the Goldie?
3 comments:
Hi Marsha,
I saw one lonely robin in my crabapple tree last week. Good picture of the "hidden" goldfinch!
Nice, nice pictures, but love that bird taking a bath...too cute.
I can't believe that blue jays are still around and splish splashing! Nice pictures!
BTW - you've been tagged for a meme!
Post a Comment