Friday, November 16, 2007

Autumn fires...

In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!
Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
the grey smoke towers.
Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all,
Flowers in the summer
Fires in the fall!
(Robert Louis Stevenson, Autumn Fires)





Today was a beautiful afternoon so I worked in the yard. There was some firewood left by the chimenea so I decided to have a fire to use it up. I even threw in some leaves to get the smell of autumn bonfires...that brought me back to my childhood when we used to rake the leaves into piles and burn them.

Smelling that fire made me start thinking...boy, wouldn't a smore be good about now?
The marshmallows were toasted to perfection.
and I used both on one yummy smore...
it was such a gooey and guilty pleasure...
but sure was a great way to spend an afternoon. Autumn fires with smores...it's a good thing!

5 comments:

BJ said...

I would love to be sitting around that chimenea, eating one of the smores with you! I haven't had one of those in years. Very tempting......especially since I love hershey's chocolate. I love that you are sooooo good to yourself......treating yourself to one of those. If I could, I'd be right there too.......eating me one of those sinful, sweet things!

Great post!

sandy said...

Ohhhh looks delicious! sandy

Isadora said...

that's exactly what came to mind when I saw the first photo - marshmellows :) That's another thing we don't have in Hungary and graham crackers. very cozy.

RuthieJ said...

Yum-Yum. It's important to keep up your strength while doing strenuous yard clean-up chores and S-mores looks like the perfect snack.

Wanda said...

Oh yummy...Thanks for taking us on a complete "Somemores" trip!!