Thursday, September 14, 2006

and . . . .Aunt Em. . .

There's No Place Like HOME!
(Dorothy - Wizard of Oz)

Yesterday was a "work/catch up" day after being gone for 5 days so this morning was my first chance to get outside in the early a.m. with my cup of coffee. Dorothy's right - there's no place like home. The first bright rays were hitting parts of the garden, the birds were singing and the simple peace of just "sitting" there enjoying it all - I felt like I have a "vacation" in my own backyard. Of course, don't take that too literally (and don't tell Jeff) because I also love to travel!

Wild asters were abundant in SD. The roadsides were full of the lavender ones we also see around here but there were also many yellow ones.

They seem to be a very hardy plant as evident by this yellow one growing on the side of a cliff in the Badlands.

1 comment:

sandy said...

I love your garden...sandy