Thursday, September 07, 2006

Friends for life. . .

I can talk with a friend
and walk with a friend
and share my umbrella in the rain
I can play with a friend
and stay with a friend
and learn with a friend
and explain
I can eat with a friend
and compete with a friend
and even sometimes disagree
I can ride with a friend
and take pride with a friend
A friend can mean so much to me!
(Vivian Gouled)


I'm not envious of much in my life - but the friendship shared between my sister and brother-in-law and their best friends is something I wish everyone could experience. They have been in each other's weddings, went on many family Memorial Day weekend outings together, taken vacations together as couples, been there for each other through the major events and health concerns in their lives and can constantly laugh and reminisce over the "remember whens". Today, I had the pleasure of hosting them for a late season tour of the garden. One more shared memory these four friends now have. . .

The imagination verbena and the lantana were favored blooms today so I went out to photograph them specifically for this blog entry. Look at the surprise I found on the verbena - some type of hummingbird moth that looks like he is wearing a tuxedo. I only wish he could have arrived a little earlier for my guests.

No comments: