Friday, September 22, 2006

Rain. . .



The rain is raining all around,
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
And on the ships at sea.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)


It has been raining for 2 days with another full day forecast so things are looking pretty wet outside. I am not complaining as those raindrops are beautiful on their own! The frost the other night was not a heavy killing frost so I am happy to report that I still have most of my color to enjoy. The tender annuals (coleus & lantanas) didn't survive but it still looks bright outside even through the raindrops. My two little hummers are still here flying about and we only had a high of 55 degrees today. For now, I am content to stay inside with a warm drink and watch the wet activity in the garden. Hope you are staying dry. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came back for a second visit. I will stop by often as the words along with the beautiful pictures bring a smile to my face and my soul.