Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Minnesota nice. . .

"Smile often, just for the fun of it."


Minnesota nice is waving at the people you meet driving down the road.
I guess our state bird,
the loon practices it too!












Jeff and I had a wonderful time getting away for the long holiday weekend. We explored an area of the state neither of us has seen before along the Rainy River separating MN from Canada.





The gardener in me was amazed at all the wildflowers growing along the roadsides, many more than here in farm country. The most prevalent was white yarrow seconded by black-eyed susans and shasta daisies. This area of the state is also known for it's lady slippers but that bloom time has passed.
My gardens seemed to have gone wild with weeds while I was gone - so I guess it is back to work for me. It will be a pleasant diversion from all the catch up stuff that happens after being gone even for just a short time.

"May all your weeds be wildflowers."

1 comment:

sandy said...

I just decided I'll start at the beginning and slowly work through. Beautiful pictures

sandy