Rain on the green grass,
And rain on the tree;
Rain on the housetop,
But not on me.
(Mother Goose)

Mother Goose was wrong today as there were raindrops on me as well as about a dozen members of the Raymond Garden Club who came to tour the gardens. I managed one photo before the rain forced me to take the camera inside.
As they took a very brief tour amidst the sound of thunder and distant lightning these are a few of the blooms they saw. I have been waiting for the stargazer lilies to open for weeks and they opened just in time to show their raindrop covered beauty today.
Of course as soon as the cars left the yard, the rain stopped. We need rain very badly in this area of the state and a good soaking rain would be welcome by everyone. The storms and hail can stay away, just give me a good old steady, rainy day.
Let's do the rain dance!
And rain on the tree;
Rain on the housetop,
But not on me.
(Mother Goose)

Mother Goose was wrong today as there were raindrops on me as well as about a dozen members of the Raymond Garden Club who came to tour the gardens. I managed one photo before the rain forced me to take the camera inside.

As they took a very brief tour amidst the sound of thunder and distant lightning these are a few of the blooms they saw. I have been waiting for the stargazer lilies to open for weeks and they opened just in time to show their raindrop covered beauty today.

Of course as soon as the cars left the yard, the rain stopped. We need rain very badly in this area of the state and a good soaking rain would be welcome by everyone. The storms and hail can stay away, just give me a good old steady, rainy day.

Let's do the rain dance!
2 comments:
I'm jealous!! I don't know why our local garden tour is always the first week of June and there is never anything blooming then! I just can't get enough of your garden, Marsha. Have you seen the thread on Gardenbuddies of, "Your favorite area now"? You would have to take a picture of every area in your garden! I couldn't even include a current picture as there is nothing in my garden. I have so much planning and work to do, it's a little intimidating!
p.s. That pot is magnificient. Would you take a closer picture of it? Also, Tell me a little about the maintenance of your pot. It's so full and beautiful! Do you still have my email? donandleslie@charter.net
Post a Comment