
Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you:
But when the leaves hang trembling
The wind is passing thro’.
Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I:
But when the trees bow down their heads
The wind is passing by.
(Christina Rossetti)

It is almost 100 degrees here this weekend with strong south winds. Going outside is a bit like being inside a convection oven. I did manage to water my container plants (some of them may not make a comeback after yesterday) but as you can see from the far background in this photo the lawn is dead.

All of this heat isn't stopping us from having a wonderful weekend. Today, is Jeff & my 30th anniversary. We are blessed with two wonderful children and Jayme's boyfriend, Scott, who made the day very special. I scanned the beautiful homemade card that Jayme made to the right. She took the b/w photo with color highlights of my clematis in June. The poem says we are their greatest gift but I think they are our greatest gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment