
I added another peanut feeder to the feeder pole yesterday and it made for some great photos ops as all my little feathered friends had to check it out.
Almost all of the bluejays have learned to take two peanuts at a time now...such little piggies



In this photo you can see how I wire a tall dead branch to the feeder pole in order to get more "natural" looking poses. This is actually my second branch of the season as my first cool looking and lichen covered one couldn't handle the weight of a fat squirrel jumping from one branch to another.


I broke off the branch obstructing the view of the round ornament and get a much better view now :)
20 comments:
I can nver get enough bird/animal pics. Lovely, ty for sharing.
May your holidays be blessed & beautiful ~
Merry Christmas ~
TTFN ~Marydon
Maybe you know this, but I will share anyway for anyone who does not: When bluejays come to get peanuts they will often pick up each one and go through them all looking for the heaviest one. The funniest part to me is that they keep coming back and coming back until they get them all anyway.
Beautiful pictures. Thank you.
Your pictures are incredible. Such detail of the birds' feathers. And your funny commentary! Thanks for making my day.
Just beautiful!
Merry Christmas to you and your feathered friends, Marsha! Does he actually have two peanuts in his beak???
You have such fantastic ideas with the different feeders.
Merry Christmas to you.
Ruth
What a great photo backdrop Marsha!
Wow your new feeders are certainly getting some great action! What a nice photo they make! Merry Christmas Marsha!
Merry Christmas, Marsha! I always love looking at your pictures!
Marsha, what a greedy jay ... But fun, to watch. I have no doubt that every day is a holiday for the birds that visit your yard. Merry Christmas to you and your feathered friends. I certainly enjoy seeing them. ... I feel like your bird photos are a beautiful gift to all the readers of your blog.
...that first feeder is just so cute! I like the little suet/peanut butter ornaments too. Lovely captures of the birds!
Merry Christmas!
Those are awesome pictures Marsha! Your bluejays are as piggy as mine when it comes to peanuts!
BEautiful, beautiful photos. I loved seeing these. laurie
BEautiful, beautiful photos. I loved seeing these. laurie
These are gorgeous! They sure make me want to learn how to use that big camera I got for Christmas!!!
I love all your cute birdie photos. They sure do love the peanuts.
Marsha, I love your bird ornaments! Love seeing your wonderful photos too!
Thos are fantastic shots, Marsha!
Your photos are beautiful! And I just love that peanut feeder...so great!
Post a Comment