Sunday, December 06, 2009

Sunday steeples...

I love a beautiful church and especially steeples. When you consider the age of some of these churches and the tools the workers had available they are masterpieces of art whether ornate or simple! In our area, the newer buildings built in the last 10 years or so are foregoing the beautiful steeples...probably a cost thing, but I miss them! Looking through my photo files it seems like I take a lot of steeple photos and never really do anything with them so I have decided to start Sunday Steeples as time permits. Winter in the garden here in MN is pretty boring and how many bird photos can I show? A lot actually :) but I'll try not to bore you with them every day! While I cannot remember where I took all of my steeple photos this week's is Saint Stanislaus Catholic Church in Winona, MN. I shot it last February on our eagle watch road trip.Today's birds outside my dirty window :)

7 comments:

Darla said...

I love steeples too! Beautiful blue sky..your bird photos are always gorgeous...made me think of that new country song, big rainbow outside my window!

Foley said...

Almost looks like basillica! Love the steeples too...
Cute birdies - see you still have so much color outside!

Cynthia said...

I enjoy looking at and trying to photograph steeples too. It must have been a clear day when you took those pics. Very pretty church.

I never tire of seeing the birds ... you can't show too many IMO. :)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a great idea, Marsha, and I can't wait to see the next installment. St. Stanislaus is beautiful and the architecture reminds me of the Grand Floridian at DisneyWorld!

Carol said...

Great idea, love the Steeple!

and LOL, about your dirty windows! ha!
The birds are beautiful! Always a fantastic mosaic, Marsha!

Jayne said...

Steeples are so beautiful!
Love your collage Marsha. :c)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

This should be very interesting,to see all the steeple picture you will show.This one is so gorgeous against the blue sky.
I will not get tired of seeing the birds,so bring them on.Love the collage.
Blessings,Ruth