Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday's Feathered Friends and...

one fuzzy foe!

Sorry for the lack of posts this week but I have been busy doing a home improvement project and getting ready for the holidays. It has been so cold out that I really have to bundle up to fill the feeders and I can't believe how fast they empty. We have an unusual amount of house sparrows and squirrels this year and they can eat an ice cream pail of seeds a day - when a squirrel is close enough for me to see my house reflecting in his eye then he needs to head back to the grove.

9 comments:

Simple Home said...

The details in your photos are incredible. I so wish we had blue jays at my feeders. They are beautiful.
Blessings,
Marcia

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful shots of the bluejay. I see you have the squirrels hanging around your feeder too.

Tina said...

Nice close ups of that jay..they are a beautifully colored bird..too bad they are so jibbery and bossy! We, too, are having very cold temps and windy...yuk!

Darla said...

The most spectacular photos in blog land today!!!!

Jayne said...

Love the beautiful Jay photos... and a cute foe indeed!

Richard said...

Looks like we are going through about the same amount of food.

Thinking about writing a song called "The 12 Squirrels of Christmas"...lol.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful Blue Jay pictures.Hope your weekend is filled with joy.
Blessings,Ruth

Cynthia said...

Marsha, an ice cream pail a day of seed?? You're spoiling those birds (and squirrels). :)

I so grateful that you do; I truly enjoy seeing all the pictures of your visiting birds.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

We're all busy but thank you for those wonderful shots! Mr. Jay is very handsome...Mr. Squirrel can take a hike ;)