Friday, December 04, 2009

Feathered Friends Friday...

Yeah, I know the sunrise isn't showing any feathered friends but it was such a gorgeous pink sky this morning!

The bluejays continue to find the peanuts and I hide them in a different area each day. They have to be watching me when I come outside to put them out because they usually are at the feeder I choose by the time I am back inside!

Isn't it cool that all the tail feathers are tipped in white except for the middle two?
A little chickadee...
and a junco trying to find water on a frozen pond.

It is COLD outside - I was going to wash the window looking out over the feeder and my window cleaner froze on the glass before I could wipe it off. Made for quite a smeary mess so hopefully the sun comes out to warm up the glass and I can get that done later. All my winter shots are usually taken through the window so I need them cleaned :)

11 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I like the Blue Jay on take-off.The feather detail is so pretty.
Blessings,Ruth

Darla said...

Is it snowing there? I am sooooo in love with the second photo Marsha!!

Foley said...

Super photos - glad you ar getting much use of Mr Snowman!!

Love it that the birds are watching YOU....

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Brrrr! It's very cold hear too but that sunrise and the birdies warm the heart :) That jay is a very handsome fellow!

Cynthia said...

Marsha ... wonderful pictures ... all of them, but I love the close-up of the bluejay on the snowman's hat. I thoroughly enjoy bluejays; I know they're onery birds but I think they're so fun to watch.

Simple Home said...

Those bluejays are beautiful. The snow looks so pretty too. I know the birds are watching me as I fill the feeders. I even had two little birds come knocking on my door when they were empty. Okay, not knocking, but they were flying up to the door on our back patio, and I'm sure they were trying to get my attention!
Blessings,
Marcia

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Marsha
I'm sure the bluejays have a scout in the area when they know you are a provider.
The sunrise is beautiful, glad you posted it too.

Jayne said...

Oh, I love that photo of the Jay on the snowman's head Marsha! Beautiful!!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

This are wonderful winter shots. I love your snowman. He's just too cute for words. What a beautiful shot of the birds. Thank you for stopping in, please stop any 'ole time. hugs ~lynne~

troutbirder said...

What a stunning sunrise and the birdies look quite content in spite of our cold weather. I'm not so keen about it myself! :)

From the Old InkWell said...

The blue jay photos are adorable! Especially love the one with his tail fanned out!!