Sunday, November 08, 2009

November sunset...

The dogs and I were out with the camera last night playing around waiting for J to get home right before sunset. Look, there is J coming down the road...if I zoom out you can see the beautiful cloud formations...

and zooming in brings out all the beautiful colors.
Soon I heard the honking of geese in the distance and here they come...
as they flew NW over the sunset...
as they continued NW I decided they weren't exactly the most intelligent geese, they should be flying south and they haven't quite mastered the V-formation it was more like a giant checkmark.
It was a beautiful day yesterday...
with temps in the 60's and watching the sunset was a perfect end to the day.
I so enjoy the rural sunsets of autumn with the sounds & smells of the season surrounding me.

10 comments:

Joyce said...

Just beautiful and the second photo looks like an eagle to me:) There is such magic and peace in a sunset in the Fall. Thanks for sharing and reminding me to look up and take in all around me.
Joyce

Foley said...

Gorgeous photos - Jeff looks like he needs to slow down!!

Hate to say this but I think once geese reach MN they tend to lose their bearings..common occurance!! LOL

Mollie said...

Your pictures really make my day! The closeup of the bathing birds, the beautiful upper Midwest fall sunsets. I miss those! Thanks for sharing.

Simple Home said...

Those are beautiful sunset photos. In the second photo, the clouds look kind of like a bird in flight with it's wings outstretched. Okay, I'm always trying to see shapes in the clouds :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

From the Old InkWell said...

oh Marsha, beautiful photos! Just love seeing the geese and how you took us to them from scene to scene. Great post!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

One word,BEAUTIFUL!!!
BLessings,Ruth

Darla said...

Stunning captures! We had a great weekend too, today? We are bracing for the tropical storm...sigh

troutbirder said...

A glorious sunset on a beautiful Sunday. Somehow I think Oct. and Nov. got switched in Minnesota this year! :)

RuthieJ said...

It was a beautiful weekend here too. Just what the farmers ordered!

Cynthia said...

Marsha, fantastic cloud pictures ... Especially like the second and third pictures .. very unusual. Before I read your comment, I thought the same thing about the geese. :) Definitely need to practice their "V".