Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mosaic Monday...fog, food and FRIENDS!


As I was driving home late this afternoon this scene of fog over a rural lake was so pretty I had to turn around and attempt a few shots :)
I went for my annual Christmas shopping weekend with my daughter, Jayme, and as always we had so much fun! On Saturday, we were lucky enough to meet up with my friend and fellow blogger, Barb and her friend Sue after we had shopped for 8 hours and were "almost" ready to drop. The cure for that "tired of shopping" feeling was meeting up with two of Jayme's friends, Jamie (aka Nez), and Melissa for a fun night out :)
There's nothing like good food and a lot of LAUGHS to show our friends from Iowa a little "love from Minnesota" :)

Please head over to our wonderful hostess, Mary, Little Red House to see all the other Monday Mosaics. This week, Mary is showing the neatest calendar mosaic that you know I'll be copying soon :)

23 comments:

Carol said...

8 hours!!! Wow! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

From the Old InkWell said...

Wow! that mosaic is very interesting of the fog! What fun to go shopping with the girls and then enjoy each other over a great meal. And no one has to clean up the dishes! :)

Tootsie said...

wow...love the fog!!! your mosaics are great! have a great week

Carol said...

Cool fog, Marsha! The shopping spree with Barb and Jayme sounds and looks fantastic! Can't wait to see what you got!

Jeanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, the fog it really neat! Looking forward to hearing more about your shopping spree with Barb and Jayme. I'm sure it was a weekend you will never forget!

Jayne said...

That fog looks so cool Marsha! What a great meal you all were able to share. :c)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I can't imagine shopping for 8 hours, you must have what it takes!
Your fog mosaic is beautiful and the dinner looked like it was fun.

Foley said...

Cool fog photos!
Can't figure why you didn't take a photo of the sign for "bottomless wine glass" you were eager to try !!! LOL Really enjoyed the weekeend..you have a beautiful daughter!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Marsha,
Cool pics, that looks like our area this past weekend. Looks like a great and fun shopping trip too! Hugs, Cindy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Love those foggy scenes.
Blessings,Ruth

Suzy said...

Looks like such a fun time Marsha! I would have loved to have been there. The fog is cool :-) as long as I'm not driving in it.

Wildflowerhouse said...

You do have a goodtime don't you. Love the fog photos. Have a happy Thanksgiving. I am having some wild rice from MN. It is our tradition!!! Sharon

Cynthia said...

An eight-hour shopping spree and the after-shopping dinner sounds like a lot of FUN! How nice that you could combine your Christmas shopping trip with Jayme and meeting up with Barb.

Interesting fog pictures ... we ran into fog Friday, it was pretty but sure made it difficult to see the birds and wildlife.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, you must have a had a fun shopping trip. Going with the girlfriends is a lot of fun.
Love the mosaic, the food looks delicous.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a different and beautiful mosaic, Marsha! What a happy group ;) I hope you found lots of goodies on your shopping spree!

Darla said...

Very unique mosaic...good food and great friends, what a way to start the holidays!!

Lori E said...

Eerie but beautiful photos of the fog and lake.
Shopping is not for wimps for sure. Looks like dinner was delicious.

Mary said...

Such beautiful fog scenes, Marsha! thanks for sharing your fun night out, too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

Both mosaics are wonderful! LOVE the foggy views ... so unique ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

jalynn01 said...

That foggy mosaic was awesome. 8 hrs. of shopping would have put me in the hospital!! haha Looks like you had a great time and lots of great food.

Wanda said...

There something about fog.... we had much of it up North...but that was before my blogging days, so I don't think I took any pictures.

You girls look like you're having a wonderful time, and the food looks just yummy!

Tina said...

Such wonderful shots of a misty scene..they turned out really nice!
8 hours is a long time to shop..but your gathering with your friends and daughter sounded like the perfect way to end a great day!
Do hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!